NAZI & COMMUNIST POLITICAL PRISON
Language: Čeština, English, Deutsch
Visit concentration camp Terezin on private day tour from Prague. A Fortress from the 18th century was turned in Worl War II into a Jewish ghetto and Nazi political prison, too. You experience more about a sad part of the European history that in fact influenced all the world.
Day trip from Prague
Hotel pick up, drop off
Why is this trip so unique?
- World War II history coming to life
- Gestapo and communist political prison – cells, showers, tunnels, etc. (admission included)
- Gestapo swimming pool and cinema
- Original nazi propaganda movie in the Gestapo cinema
- Jewish ghetto – life and culture
- Unique 18th century fortress turned into modern concentration camp
- Ghetto museum – overview of WWII history in central Europe, “Final solution of Jewish task” (admission included)
- Typical Czech cuisine (lunch included)
Video copyright: CzechTourism
Your private guide as well as driver picks you up at your Prague place and after 45-60 min of comfortable drive you reach Terezin concentration camp. It is strategically close to Prague. You experience World War II history:
- the difference between concentration and death camp;
- psychology of Nazi propaganda (hiding the truth from the rest of the world);
- Gestapo political prison;
- individual personal stories;
- as well as life and culture in Jewish ghetto.
The city is divided into two parts: former Gestapo political prison (later communist prison) and Jewish ghetto. The ghetto was presented as “a city given to Jews from Adolf Hitler for the war time”. You will see Jewish Museum, former Jewish dormitory, prayer rooms, crematorium and ceremonial halls, too.
In the meantime private guide is happy to take you to the one of the local restaurants for lunch (included).