& STERNBERK CASTLE
OSSUARY & CESKY STERNERK CASTLE
Language: Čeština, English, Deutsch
The glory of Kutna Hora in the medieval times touched the glory of Prague because of the richness of its silver mines. Kutna Hora private tour shows you this “little Prague” with its world famous Ossuary (Bone church) recognized as precious world heritage by UNESCO.
Use the time outside Prague wisely and visit 13th century Cesky Sternberk castle as well on the way. This castle was built by ancient Czech aristocratic family that still owns the castle till today after almost 800 years. To sum up, enjoy this historical excursion to places you won’t see anywhere else in the world. A comfortable private trip ALL-INCLUSIVE (with lunch & admission fees).
Day trip from Prague
Hotel pick up, drop off
Why is this trip so unique?
- UNESCO heritage and impressive Ossuary (admission INCLUDED)
- The third most precious jewel in Czechia – Golden monstrance
- Two majestic cathedrals (admission INCLUDED)
- 13th century castle of ancient Czech aristocratic family (tour admission INCLUDED)
- Czech silver Klondike – optional visit of silver mines (reservation in advance required)
- Visit of an old silver mint (admission INCLUDED)
- Perfect countryside trip with local guide
- Insightful stories and recommendations
- Typical Czech cuisine in medieval tavern (INCLUDED)
Video copyright: CzechTourism
Typical itinerary of Kutna Hora private tour
Your private driver / guide will pick you up at your Prague place. After a comfortable 1h 15 min drive you reach Kutna Hora. It is divided into two main parts – sacral and also bourgeois core. Firstly you will start in the sacred part in the Cathedral of Assumption to have a look at the the third most precious jewel in Czechia. To clarify, it has non-quantifiable value – a gothic golden monstrance that survived many wars. Read More
Just few steps from there the world famous Ossuary is hidden under a chapel at a local cemetery. You can watch videos, see pictures, too, but nothing is so impressive compare to standing there in person. You will admire the work of a monk who in worship to God designed bones of 40.000 bodies in shapes of pyramids, cups and chandeliers.
When silver in Kutna Hora was discovered as a result the city became Bohemian silver Klondike. Local burgraves followed Prague by inviting the same architects to build the cathedral of St. Barbara, second “Charles bridge” and also Italian Court (silver mint), etc. On Kutna Hora private tour you will see all of them. In the middle of the tour in historical centre of Kutna Hora you will taste real local Czech cuisine for lunch (included).
Cesky Sternberk Castle
Afterwards we will drive shortly to visit one of the oldest Czech castles on the way back to Prague – 13th century Cesky Sternberk castle. This castle was built and is still owned (!!) after almost 800 years by ancient Czech aristocratic family. Experience their way of life on a 1h guided tour in a small group before you go back to Prague (admission included).
All the time you will be accompanied by nice professional local guide that is flexible to adjust the program to your needs. You will feel like you are on a trip with an old local friend who is ready to give you the best insider tips and recommendations.
- Private local licensed guide
- Lunch - Main course + drink
- All Entrance Fees and Taxes (2 Cathedrals, Ossuary, Italian Court, Cesky Sternberk castle tour)
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- Private Car with A/C
- Transportation costs
- Coffee or Tea with cake per person
- Bottled water for each person
- All personalized to your wishes